The patient service representative is responsible for clear, concise, and professional communications with patients, guarantors, and insurance companies. PSRs are responsible for resolving patient accounts efficiently and thoroughly while providing exceptional customer service, while utilizing multiple systems and aids to problem solve and educate callers. PSRs will report directly to their assigned Team Lead.
Job duties may include but are not limited to:
- Answer phone calls from patients, guarantors, and insurance companies.• Research accounts to provide correct balance, payment, and insurance information, as well as educate callers regarding insurance billing and payment options.• Recognize and resolve insurance and billing errors.
- Bring patient’s accounts to resolution via immediate payment in full, setting up payment plans, post dating payments, finding insurance, or offering settlements or discounts, as well as recognize appropriate reasons for patients to dispute balances.
- Keep informed and up to date on the proper procedures and protocol for each of our providers.• Make outbound calls to patients or guarantors regarding past due balances as well as to advise them of information given to us by their insurance or the provider regarding their accounts.
- Document all work performed in accurate and concise manner according to MedDirect best practices.• Handle all calls with efficiency and accuracy as well as exceptional customer service.
- Assist in maintaining a positive team environment by providing positive feedback and assisting other representatives where needed.
- Customer service experience
- Professional, accurate, clear and concise communication
- Detailed and thorough
- Positive and encouraging attitude
To apply send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com