Throughout our 30 years of providing unparalleled billing services our compliance record has been tested and proven.
As one of the premier medical billing companies in the nation, MedData comprehensively performs revenue cycle management services. Some of our key differentiations are significant enhancements to the revenue cycle that we have invested in over the years via internal IT investments, strategic acquisitions, and experience.
- MedData Visit View – our physician portal which provides 24/7 access for physicians to view and update patient information.
- MedData I.Q. – MedData’s online practice intelligence tool: completely transparency into our billing system via dashboards, customizable reports and downloadable next-day data.
MedData’s billing and A/R protocols aren’t complicated, but they are distinctive.
We’ve developed a special hands-on process for patient-pay balances, resulting in up to four times the success rate when compared with others.
The MedData team proactively conducts outbound A/R calling to achieve immediate and consistent recovery results. And, our detailed, daily patient statement schedule optimizes recovery rates via multiple touch points. Lastly, we’ve increased patient satisfaction and reduced phone calls with our online self-service patient portal.
These are just some examples of how MedData achieves significantly higher recovery rates for its clients with less sent to collections.
The competitive difference is that we hold on to accounts longer and work them harder.
We’re able to do all of this for one key reason: we utilize three times the number of billing and A/R resources than our competitors.
Tripling the number of resources means triple the recovery rates for our clients.
- Unique protocols and processes for patient pay balances
- Hold on to accounts longer and work them harder than others
- Persistence of collection efforts results in 98% of accounts resolved within first six months and 100% within first year
- Financial reconciliation and payment posting to empower clients with real-time financial details
Our billing software, EDITS, was built in-house and has evolved into the premier, nationally recognized system over the past 30 years.
MedData’s A/R Team maintains each individual client’s lockbox. All incoming deposits and electronic fund transfers are retrieved and line item posted to each patient account. The monthly deposits are logged on a client deposit log and reconciled against all posted payments. Each deposit log balances back to the client’s lockbox every month. For those clients who provide MedData with their bank statement, monthly reconciliations are provided.